Morning! It is rainy dreary day in Boston today!!!!
After work last night, I headed to class. It was actually really interesting, we watched a special Diane Sawyer did on cyber bullying. It was pretty eye opening. It made me thankful all of this technology wasn’t around when I was in middle school for sure! Ugh, imagine how awful that would have been? I was bullied enough by “mean girls” face to face and on the phone, I can’t imagine what it is like for kids now with the technology involved. Here are some additional statistics I looked up about cyber bullying (because I am a big ol’ nerd).
- 42% of kids have been bullied while online. 1 in 4 have had it happen more than once.
- 35% of kids have been threatened online. Nearly 1 in 5 have had it happen more than once.
- 21% of kids have received mean or threatening e-mail or other messages.
- 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out of 10 say it has happened more than once.
- 53% of kids admit having said something mean or hurtful to another person online. More than 1 in 3 have done it more than once.
- 58% have not told their parents or an adult about something mean or hurtful that happened to them online.
Pretty crazy, right? Were you bullied in Middle School or High School? Which did you think was worse: Middle School or High School?
I was bullied and made fun of in Middle School, but not High School. High School was actually pretty smooth, but in Middle School I had some “friends” that were really mean. My mom used to tell me it was because they felt badly about themselves and said and did hurtful things to me to make themselves feel better. At the time, of course, I thought she was making that up, but now I look back and see how right she was. Oh moms, they really are always right!
While in class, I sipped a coffee that I got from the work coffee maker.
Dinner was eaten while working at my part-time job.
PB&J on whole wheat with an apple. It looks a little bit like a first graders lunch, but it did the trick…MUST GO TO THE GROCERY STORE TONIGHT!!!!!
After working, I headed to the Warren Tavern to play Trivia (which was actually more like watching my others play trivia)and have a few beers with friends. The Tavern got two new beers on tap, so of course I had to try the new Hazelnut Porter !!!!
Clearly, it was a VERY dark beer. It was really good, it had a very nutty and coffee flavor to it. I liked it a lot 🙂 I also had a Blue Moon (or two).
Trivia got pretty intense too!!!!
That’s my bestie May’s dad trying to think of an answer to a tough question!!!! Their team came in third, Good Job Guys!!!!
As I was going to bed last night, I developed an awful migraine!!! I had to e-mail my running partner Julia and cancel for this morning because I knew I needed to extra sleep. Ugh, I was so bummed to have to do that. But, I am feeling a whole lot better today, so it was worth it. I plan on getting in a run tonight after work.
Breakfast this morning was scrambled egg whites with salsa and a little bit of shredded mozzarella and two pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with Earth Balance.
Here is today’s outfit!
Black Flats (Anne Klein), White Ruffle Blouse (Target), Black Sweater (Gap), Black and White Houndstooth pants (GAP).
I love classic black and white, simple and elegant!!! 🙂
In other news:
1. As you all know, in Honor of Thanksgiving being right around the corner, I will be posting something I am thankful for in every post. PLEASE feel free to join in in the comments section! So for this post:
I AM THANKFUL FOR: My Papa!!!
My Papa was born in 1927 here in Boston! He served our country in the US Navy during WWII. Soon after the war, he met and married my grandmother. They had three children my uncle Wayne (who died shortly after birth), my mom and my aunt Denise. My grandfather worked very hard his whole life as a master electrician and was also a boxer (pretty badass, right?). As a kid, my Papa was always playing practical jokes on us and playing with us. We always had fun when we were with him. My brother and I would sleep over my grandparent’s house almost every weekend!
Shortly after my Nana passed away very suddenly in March for 2007, he moved in with my parents. I get to see him everyday now, which makes me really happy. Every morning he is up and ready to greet Oscar when I drop him off before work. Papa and Oscar spend most of the day watching TV and playing 🙂 I know a lot of people my age don’t have grandparents that are living anymore and I know I am very fortunate to my Pa.
I have so many great memories as a child and an adult with my Papa, Adam and I actually just purchased his house so we can raise our family where all those great memories were made (to read more about that check out this post).
2. Ok, you guys I have a SUPER EXCITING GIVEAWAY!!! After trying a number of Pacific products and loving them, (read my reviews here, here, here and here) the AMAZING people at Pacific have agreed to give three VERY lucky FFF readers a soup pack!!!!!!
This includes one of each of the following flavors: Black Bean, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato, Creamy Butternut Squash, Cashew Carrot Ginger, Creamy Tomato and Curried Red Lentil.
But, that’s not all!!!!!!!! You will also get three of their fantastic iced coffees!!!!!
You will get one of each of the following: Latte, Mocha Latte, and Vanilla Latte!!!
WOW!!!!! So here is how you enter:
1. Go to Pacific’s site and look around, then comment on this post one item you would love to try from them and (In Honor of Thanksgiving) 1 things you are grateful for today.
2. To get another entry, Tweet or Make a Facebook status about this giveaway and shoot me an e-mail to let me know you did that or link this giveaway to your blog and shoot me an e-mail with the link (if you do all three you get three additional entries).
Got it? Ok, go!!!!! You Have until 10pm tonight, then I will announce the winners!!! 🙂
Have a great day!!!!
Read Full Post »