Hey guys! Did you all miss me yesterday? I had a great day. My weekend has been great so far. Let me back it up to Friday night. On Friday Adam picked me up from work since it had the day off and it was so cold, what a guy?! When I got home, I hopped in the shower and got ready to head out. We met Mel and Kevin and a few other of Adam’s co-workers at the Four Winds for a beer before heading to the 50th Birthday Party. I had a Stella…yum!
I stuck to bud light for the night.
The meal at the party was Chinese food and Italian food. I had some of both, I was really hungry by the time ate. I was so busy socializing that I didn’t think to get food until I was really, really hungry.
Huge plate= eye bigger than stomach, per usual. There were a ton of beer drank at our table that night. I couldn’t believe what our table looked like half way through the night. A lot of celebrating!!!!
The party was a great time! I spent the first half of the night chatting and the second half dancing my little feet off. Love nights like that!!!
Yesterday morning, I got up at 9am, showered and got ready for my dress fitting!!! I had a toasted Barney Butter sandwich made with the two end pieces from a loaf of bread for breakfast while blow drying my hair. Does anyone else love the end pieces?
My fitting went really well! I had my mom and May with me so that helped me to feel relaxed. The seamstress is awesome and knows her stuff. We are changing a few things about the dress and taking it in everywhere. It also had to be hemmed a little bit. The seamstress is also making my veil and I think it is going to be beautiful. She put a similar one on me so I could see how it would look. When she put the veil on me, I got a little teary eyed. Once she added the veil, I really felt like a bride. I go back in May and am excited to see how it will all look. I have confidence that she will do amazing job, but I will be nervous about it until I actually put it on again.
After the fitting, mom and I came home and picked up my dad and Adam and headed out to lunch. I love spending a day with my parents, I don’t get to do it that often, so when I can it is so fun.We went to Amrheims in South Boston for lunch. The food was really great! I started off with a Blue Moon and a water.
As an appetizer we split a buffalo chicken dip, which was FANTASTIC!!!!
For my meal I got a special. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. This is one of my all time favorite meals, it reminds me of being a kid.
The soup and grilled cheese was awesome!!! I ate all of the soup and half of the sandwich. YUM YUM! My mom had the same thing and agreed that it was great. After lunch we headed to the home show to get ideas for our house (!!!!). I never get sick of saying “Our House” I just don’t. Adam and I fell in LOVE with this floor, I have the darker hard wood!
Isn’t it amazing?! Adam and I especially loved looking at kitchen stuff. I can’t wait to have a nice, huge kitchen! Both of us agreed that we like the stove top separate from the ovens. I fell IN LOVE with this giant fridge that I didn’t take a picture of. It is huge and has a huge freezer, which I think is awesome since our freezer is tiny now and every time we open it, stuff falls down on us. Clearly we need a bigger freezer.
While walking around, Adam got a soft pretzel and I had a few small bites.
After the home show, the four of us decided to go see a movie. We went to the 6:20 show of Edge of Darkness. While watching the movie I had some popcorn.
I usually don’t get anything to eat at the movies since it is so pricey and I am usually not hungry. But, every once and a while, a little popcorn is needed. I forgot how tasty movie theater popcorn is. The movie was awesome! I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be more of an action movie (like the 1 million Die Hard movies Mel Gibbson did), but it was not like that at all. It was more like a mystery, which I love! I really recommend it if you were considering going to see it. We got home around 8:30 and I was not hungry for dinner since I had popcorn and a few bites of Adam’s pretzel. To be honest, I got ready for bed and fell asleep around 9pm while laying in bed watching TV with Adam and Oscar.
This morning I got up at 7am. Adam got up for work at that time, so I just got up too. I walked Oscar and them made a quick breakfast. The only real option I had was french toast, since we are pretty much out of food. I mixed the last of our liquid egg whites with some almond milk and vanilla and dipped the last two pieces of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread into it and cooked them until brown on each side. I topped it with a little maple syrup, honey and cinnamon and enjoyed it with coffee.
NOM NOM NOM!
In Other News:
1. I totally forgot to post my blogger interview on Friday since I was so busy all day! I am so sorry about that. This week’s blogger interview is with the fabulous Whitney from Whit Is Getting Fit! I met Whit in August at the Healthy Living Summit and we mad a great time! We spend most of the weekend joined at the hip. I was sad when it was time for Whit to go home, but we have kept in touch through blogging and emails. In less than 8 weeks, I get to see her again at Fit Bloggin and I can’t wait!!!! So, here is my interview with Whit!
1. Why did you start your blog? Because A: It looked fun, and B: I love writing! I’ve always journaled and written goofy stories.
2. What is your favorite blog? How can I pick just one! I love so many blogs, because they are all different. Two of my favorites areThe Healthyeverythingtarian and Snackface. AND Homegirl Can Eat. I guess that’s three. See! I can’t pick just one!!!
3. How do you keep readers interested in your blog? Especially if your blog is new? I try to keep it funny and light. Ask questions. Cross my fingers that people will read it!
4. Have you found blogging difficult to keep up with? Yes, sometimes it does get overwhelming. That’s when I take a step back and realize that I do this for fun, and I should keep it that way.
5. Has anything happened that was unexpected or shocked you as a result of having a blog? For example, negative feedbacks, new found blogger friends that live next door? really anything that didn’t expect? I’ve made a lot of friends through blogging. I’ve met YOU Ali! Of course you live a plane ride away and not next door, but still. Honestly the making friends part was what I really have not expected. Turns out Charlotte has quite a few bloggers! It’s fun times.
6. Do you have support of your family? Yes, they laugh at me, but I catch them reading…and leaving comments.
7. how long have you been blogging? Let’s see…10 months? I started in March of ’09 I believe. I always say that I ‘officially’ started in June though, because that is how long it took me to get going full force and not just playing with it.
8. how has your blog changed over the years? Well since it hasn’t been years, I can’t answer that properly! I have played with different posting schedules and the like. Once a day, twice a day, three times a day. Right now once a day is working for me, so I’m sticking with that.
9.What new directions do you see taking it in? Honestly, it’s just for fun, so whatever direction looks that way, that’s the road I’ll take!
10. What is your favorite ‘freebie’ that you’ve ever received? hmmmmm. I love getting books to review, since I am a huge reader. I’ve received several fitness books to review through the blog. Those make me happy.
You and Your Healthy Lifestyle:
11. What is your favorite workout? Running, but right now I am healing tendinitis, which is a pain and a half, so I have turned to my second favorite, yoga.
12. How often do you workout? I try to work out 4-5 times a week, but honestly I have been slack on that of late. More like 3 times a week.
13. Have you always lived a healthy lifestyle? If not, What made you change you lifestyle? I’ve always yo-yoed with my weight, but two years ago I decided to get healthy once and for all. My weight still goes up and down, but overall I am happy with the balance I have going right now.
14. What is you favorite healthy snack? Banana and peanut butter!
15. What is your all time favorite food? You know I’m going to say Ice cream, right? Mint chocolate chip to be specific.
16: What is your least favorite food? Collard greens. I just can’t jump on the collard greens bandwagon.
17. What is one kitchen appliance you can’t live without, besides your fridge? A blender? LOVE my mother’s Vitamix, which I may have to steal. shhhh.
18. What is your favorite thing to try? New workouts, new restaurants, bars, beer/wine. I like trying new workouts! Mixing it up for the sake of mixing it up! Anyone have any fun ones? Please share in the comments!
Getting to Know you:
19. What are you wearing today? (Please Provide a Picture)
top: Charlotte Russe, Jeans: Tj Maxx, Shoes, Rack Room. I’m a bargain shopper, what can I say?!?!
And, because I know you are a dog lover, I wanted to share this one. My dog Java decided to join the photoshoot! He is a lab mix, and a huge sweetheart. Much larger than Oscar though.
20. What do you do for a living? I am an office manager at a small company.
21. What is your favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice. I melt every time I watch it.
22. What are your hobbies? besides running, blogging and yogaing? I do love to wakeboard in the summer. My family and I spend nearly every weekend at the lake in the warmer months.
23. What trends are your fashion favorite this season? I love BOOTIES!!!
24.what are your plans for 2010? Well, I plan to attend a few blog conferences, do some travelling and I am moving into my first apartment. 2010 is looking to be a winner so far!
2. Self Love Tip of the Day: Be Honest: Being honest with yourself and others is a great way to love yourself more. When you are honest, you have no reason to fear or feel guilty about. This can be a challenge at times, but I am a firm believer that honesty is always the best policy.
Well I got to get going if I am going to get to BP on time! See you all later!